The Lagos Chamber of Commerce & Industry in partnership with the Central Bank of Nigeria, Ecobank, NIBSS, and Keystone Bank will be holding a Cash-less Policy Conference on the 14th of November 2012. Some of the key issues that will be discussed are
- Broadband expansion for POS penetration.
- Tackling & prevention of electronic frauds.
- Possibility of merchants getting same day value for payments done with PoS terminals
- The need for a legal and regulatory framework.
- Passage of bills on the cashless policy pending on the national assembly
The presentations of key findings from the Cashless Policy Survey will be made by LCCI, while the keynote address will be made by the CBN Governor. Key presentations will be made by CBN & NIBSS amidst observations, comments, appraisal and other critique.
The venue for this conference is Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos. The conference starts at 10.00 am